Nothing screams SATURDAY MORNING quite like bedhead, a fresh batch of delicious pancakes, and cartoons on TV (educational, of course.)
What? You thought you couldn't have pancakes anymore?!
Wrong, my friend.
Just because you've transitioned to a healthier lifestyle, doesn't mean you have to throw your favorite comfort foods out the window!
This morning, Maddie and I decided to experiment with the ingredients we had on hand to whip up a delightful, post-yoga session brunch.
These pancakes are super simple to make, grain/gluten-free, and toddler-approved! #momwin
Check them out!!
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup nut butter (we used almond)
- 1 tsp of baking powder (In retrospect, baking soda might have been the better option for these...oh well, next time!)
- coconut oil for greasing the pan
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- toppings (syrup/honey, fresh sliced strawberries/bananas, blueberries, chopped pecans, etc...)
- Preheat skillet/griddle on medium heat
- Combine all ingredients (except toppings, duh) in your blender or food processor and mix until you have a consistent batter
- Grease skillet/griddle with a dab of coconut oil, and then pour batter making 3-4 inch rounds (CAUTION: these are delicate, if you pour too large, they're hard to flip!)
- Cook 2-3 minutes on one side, until it bubbles (see pic) and then flip and cook on the other side for another minute or two
- Serve hot off the griddle with a drizzle of pure maple syrup or honey and/or whatever other toppings you prefer!! (Goes REALLY well with fresh sliced strawberries)
(For the entire batch)
- 1 Purple
- 1 Red
- 4 Tbsp healthy fats