Eggs, they're the quintessential breakfast food. And rightfully so, they pack some high-quality protein and are rich in nutrients which helps you sustain your mental and physical energy for the day!
This delicious breakfast recipe comes from the 21 Day Fix EXTREME Nutrition Plan. It's super simple to make and serves as a great grab-and-go breakfast...aka it's perfect for busy moms!
Extra egg cups/squares can be stored in the fridge for up to a week and reheated in the microwave.
Mini Vegetable Egg Cups
Makes 6 servings of 2 squares/muffins each
Two egg cups/squares = 1 red container and 1 green container.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 large eggs
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (9-10 oz.) bag baby spinach, CHOPPED! (Don't skip this, it IS necessary. LOL)
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Lightly coat a regular twelve-cup muffin tin or 9x13 baking dish with spray. Set aside.
- Place eggs in a large bowl; whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add spinach, bell pepper, and green onions; mix well.
- Evenly pour egg mixture into muffin cups/baking dish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cups comes out clean.